(cf Gen Act, s 218B)
(1) The date specified in a motor vehicle production notice or number-plate production notice for production of a motor vehicle or number-plates, respectively, must be a date that is no later than the first working day occurring 5 days after the notice is given.
(2) A production notice may be given personally or by post and must state the ground on which it is being given.
(3) The disposal of a motor vehicle within the period of 5 days after a production notice is given in relation to the motor vehicle does not affect the requirement to produce the motor vehicle or number-plates in accordance with the notice, except as provided by subsection (4).
(4) A production notice ceases to have effect in relation to a motor vehicle or number-plates if it is withdrawn by the Commissioner of Police by notice in writing given to--(a) the offending operator concerned, or(b) a person who purchased the motor vehicle after the production notice was given who satisfies the Commissioner of Police that the purchase was made in good faith for value and without notice, at the time of the purchase, of the production notice.Note : It is an offence against section 244(4) to operate a motor vehicle to which a number-plate confiscation notice is attached when the vehicle is not the subject of such a notice.
(5) On being given notice of the withdrawal of a production notice under subsection (4), the offending operator or purchaser concerned must remove any number-plate confiscation notice attached to the motor vehicle before the motor vehicle is operated on any road.