(cf Gen Act, s 223)
(1) The statutory rules may prescribe the fees (if any) payable in respect of the movement, towage and storage of an impounded vehicle or release of number-plates and the persons responsible for payment of those fees.
(2) It is the duty of the Commissioner of Police to endeavour to cause any impounded motor vehicle to be available for collection by a person entitled to its possession as soon as the person is entitled to it.
(3) However, the Commissioner of Police is not required to release any motor vehicle under this section or to release any vehicle in accordance with an order of the Local Court unless all movement, towing and storage fees payable under this section in respect of the impounded vehicle have been paid in full.
(4) An applicant to whom a motor vehicle is released under this section must in writing acknowledge receipt of the vehicle from the custody of the Commissioner of Police.
(5) The Commissioner of Police may waive the whole or any part of the prescribed fees for movement, towage and storage of a motor vehicle.
(6) It is the duty of Transport for NSW to endeavour to cause any number-plates to be available for collection by a person entitled to possession of the number-plates as soon as the person is entitled to them or, if the number-plates were damaged when removed under this Part, to issue replacement number-plates.