(cf DL Act, s 13; Gen Act, s 123; VR Act, s 12)
(1) Subject to subsection (2), Transport for NSW may, by instrument in writing, delegate all or any of its functions under the road transport legislation (other than this power of delegation) to--(a) specified authorised officers or authorised officers of specified classes, or(b) any other persons (or persons belonging to a class of persons) prescribed by the statutory rules.
(2) The statutory rules may make provision for or with respect to limiting or excluding kinds of functions from the operation of subsection (1).
(3) The Commissioner of Police may, by instrument in writing, delegate all or any of the Commissioner's functions under the road transport legislation (other than this power of delegation) to specified police officers or police officers of specified classes.
(4) A delegate may sub-delegate a delegated function, but only if and to the extent that the instrument of delegation authorises the sub-delegation of the function.
(5) Nothing in this section affects any other Act or law by or under which functions may be delegated by Transport for NSW or the Commissioner of Police or by or under which functions of Transport for NSW or the Commissioner of Police may otherwise be exercised by other persons.
Note : Section 49 of the Interpretation Act 1987 contains general provisions relating to delegations of functions.