(cf VR Act, s 16E)
(1) An eligible person may apply to Transport for NSW for the issue of an authorisation to repair a light vehicle.
(2) An application for the issue of an authorisation--(a) must be in a form approved by Transport for NSW, and(b) must be accompanied by a record of an assessment made in accordance with Division 3 that the vehicle has not suffered damage of a type specified in the statutory write-off assessment criteria, and(c) must be accompanied by any fee fixed for that purpose by Transport for NSW under section 271.
(3) Transport for NSW may require an applicant to submit such other information as Transport for NSW thinks fit.
(4) In determining an application, Transport for NSW must take into consideration any factors prescribed by the statutory rules.
(5) Transport for NSW may refuse the application or may issue an authorisation to repair the vehicle unconditionally or subject to any of the following conditions--(a) a condition that the vehicle cannot be registered in the name of a person other than the applicant for a specified period or for an indefinite period,(b) any condition of a class prescribed by the statutory rules.
(6) If the vehicle is of a class of vehicles exempt by the statutory rules from the obligation to be the subject of a light vehicle certificate of compliance, the authorisation to repair must state that fact.