(1) The regulations may contain provisions of a savings or transitional nature consequent on the enactment of the following Acts:Telecommunications (Interception and Access) (New South Wales) Amendment Act 2009
(2) Any such provision may, if the regulations so provide, take effect from the date of assent to the Act concerned or a later date.
(3) To the extent to which any such provision takes effect from a date that is earlier than the date of its publication in the Gazette, the provision does not operate so as:(a) to affect, in a manner prejudicial to any person (other than the State or an authority of the State), the rights of that person existing before the date of its publication, or(b) to impose liabilities on any person (other than the State or an authority of the State) in respect of anything done or omitted to be done before the date of its publication.
In this Part:
"amending Act" means the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) (New South Wales) Amendment Act 2009 .
(1) Section 3A (as inserted by the amending Act) extends to the inspection of the records of an eligible authority even if the records were made (or required to be made) before the commencement of the section.
(2) Section 7 (as in force immediately before its substitution by the amending Act) continues to have effect in relation to documents given to the Minister before that substitution.