New South Wales Consolidated Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [History] [Help]


Resolution of certain disputes

21 Resolution of certain disputes

(1) If a dispute arises between the Minister and a statutory authority or the Minister responsible for a statutory authority in relation to:
(a) a wilderness protection agreement or a proposed wilderness protection agreement,
(b) land leased under the Crown Land Management Act 2016 ,
(c) a proposal to carry out development in a wilderness area, or
(d) any other matter arising out of this Act,
a party to the dispute may submit that dispute to the Premier for settlement.
(2) On the submission of a dispute to the Premier, the Premier may:
(a) appoint a Commissioner of Inquiry to hold an inquiry and make a report to the Premier, or
(b) hold an inquiry into the dispute.
(3) After the completion of the inquiry, and after considering any report, the Premier may make such order with respect to the dispute, having regard to the public interest and to the circumstances of the case, as the Premier thinks fit.
(4) An order made by the Premier may direct the payment of any costs or expenses of or incidental to the holding of an inquiry.
(5) A Minister or statutory authority shall comply with an order given under this section and shall, despite the provisions of any Act, be empowered to comply with any such order.

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback