(1AA) A reference in this section to an insurer does not include a reference to a specialised insurer or a self-insurer.
(1) The Authority may appoint an appropriately qualified person to audit or inspect, and report to the Authority on, the accounting and other records relating to the business or financial position of an insurer.
(2) A person so appointed by the Authority is, for the purpose of exercising any functions under this section, entitled to inspect the accounting and other records of the insurer.
(3) An insurer shall provide all reasonable assistance for the exercise of those functions.
(4) A person shall not wilfully obstruct or delay a person exercising a function under this section.: Maximum penalty--1,000 penalty units.
(5) A person exercising functions under this section has qualified privilege in proceedings for defamation in respect of any statement that the person makes orally or in writing in the course of the exercise of those functions.