(cf former s 22)
(1) The obligation imposed by this Division on a person to deposit with the Authority any specified amount of money may be satisfied in whole or in part by the deposit by the person of securities of equal value issued or guaranteed by the State or the Commonwealth.
(2) The value of any such securities shall, for the purposes of this section, be deemed to be their face value.
(3) If the market value of any such securities is at any time below par, the Authority may require the person to deposit further securities to such an amount that the total market value of all the securities deposited by the person equals the amount of the deposit required to be made by the person.
(4) A person must comply with a requirement under subsection (3).: Maximum penalty--100 penalty units.
(5) Every security so deposited with the Authority shall (unless it is negotiable) bear or be accompanied by an assignment in blank executed by the person making the deposit.
(6) A reference in this Division to the amount of money required to be deposited with the Authority shall be deemed to include a reference to any securities substituted in whole or in part for that amount under the authority of this section.
(7) The Authority may convert any such securities into money by sale, hypothecation or otherwise for the purpose of paying or satisfying under section 216 any claims, judgments or awards against a person.