(cf former s 10 (2A), (3))
(1) The amount for which an employer is liable in respect of hospital treatment of a worker at a hospital is the cost to the hospital of the hospital treatment.
(1A) The maximum amount for which an employer is liable for any particular hospital treatment is not to exceed such sum (if any) as may be fixed by the Authority in respect of that treatment by order published in the Gazette.
(5) The maximum amount for which an employer is liable for hospital treatment given to a worker in respect of the same injury (whether the treatment is afforded at different stages of the injury or not) is--(a) $50,000, or(b) where some greater amount has been fixed by the Authority by order published in the Gazette--that greater amount.
(6) Subject to the regulations, a direction may be given that the employer of a worker is liable for an amount additional to that fixed by subsection (5).
(6A) If proceedings relating to the worker's claim for compensation are before the Commission and those proceedings relate to, or include matters relating to, the provision of hospital treatment for the worker, such a direction may be given by the Commission. If no such proceedings are before the Commission, such a direction may be given by the Authority on application made in respect of the worker from time to time.
(7) A hospital, or a duly authorised officer of the hospital, may recover from the employer any amount for which the employer is liable under this Division in respect of hospital treatment given by that hospital.
(9) If the maximum amount referred to in subsection (5) is, on or after the commencement of this subsection, amended either by an Act or an order of the Authority, the amount for which an employer is liable in respect of the hospital treatment of a worker under this section is to be calculated by reference to the maximum amount applicable to the worker at the time when the worker became injured.
Editorial note : For Orders under this section and section 61, see the Historical notes at the end of this Act.