New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
WORKERS COMPENSATION ACT 1987 - SECT 87B
Reduction of compensation under this Act
87B Reduction of compensation under this Act
(1) If a person who is entitled to compensation under this Act has been paid
additional or alternative compensation to which this Division applies, the
amount of compensation payable under this Act is to be reduced by the amount
of the additional or alternative compensation.
(2) If any such additional or
alternative compensation is paid after compensation has been paid under this
Act, the relevant amount of compensation paid under this Act is to be
(3) Any such refund may be deducted from any future payments of
compensation under this Act or be recovered as a debt in a court of competent
(4) A reduction, refund or deduction under this section is to
be made in accordance with the regulations and is not to be made in any case
excluded by the regulations.
(5) This section applies even though the
compensation under this Act is payable under an award of the Commission.
AustLII: Copyright Policy