(1) A correctional officer or departmental officer must give written notice to the Commissioner as to any offender--(a) to whom the officer is related, whether by blood or by marriage, or(b) of whom the officer is an associate, whether as a neighbour, friend or acquaintance or through business, sporting or social contact.
(2) The notice must show the nature and duration of the officer's relationship or association with the offender.
(3) The notice must be given before the officer first starts duty as a correctional officer or departmental officer, and subsequently as circumstances require.
(4) A correctional officer or departmental officer must not make a declaration under this clause that the officer knows, or ought reasonably to know, is false or misleading in a material particular.
(5) This clause does not apply if the association between an officer and offender is through unintentional business, sporting or social contact in a public place.
(6) In this clause,
"offender" means any inmate, intensive correction offender or any person in respect of whom a community correction order, conditional release order or parole order is in force.