(1) The owner of a building may be directed in writing to provide the Planning Secretary with details about the building and any external combustible cladding that has been applied to it.
(2) Such a direction may be given only by--(a) the Minister or the Planning Secretary, but only in connection with a building the erection of which was State significant development, State significant infrastructure or any other development for which the Minister, the Planning Secretary or the Independent Planning Commission is or was the consent authority, or(b) an authorised fire officer, or(c) the council for the area in which the building is located.
(3) The following details are required to be provided under this clause--(a) the name and address of the owner of the building,(b) the address of the building,(c) the classification of the building under the Building Code of Australia ,(d) the number of storeys in the building, above and below ground,(e) a description of the external combustible cladding applied to the building, including the materials comprising the cladding,(f) a description of the extent of application of external combustible cladding to the building and the parts of the building to which it is applied.
(4) A person who has been directed to provide details under this clause must ensure that the details are provided before the date specified in the direction, which must be at least 14 days after the direction is given.
(5) Those details must be provided through the NSW planning portal, unless the Planning Secretary agrees in writing that they may be provided in another manner.
(6) An authorised fire officer or council must notify the Planning Secretary of any direction given by the officer or council under this clause.