(1) The Planning Secretary must establish and maintain a register on the NSW planning portal of dwellings used for the purposes of short-term rental accommodation.
(2) The register must include the following information (the
"registration information" ) for each dwelling used for the purposes of short-term rental accommodation--(a) the address of the dwelling,(b) the type of residential accommodation of the dwelling,Example--: A dwelling house or a residential flat building.(c) whether the dwelling will be used as hosted short-term rental accommodation or non-hosted short-term rental accommodation,(d) the name and address of the host of the dwelling,(e) a description of how the dwelling complies with the fire safety standard.
(3) A person must not provide a dwelling for the purposes of short-term rental accommodation unless the dwelling is included on the register and the registration is in force.: Maximum penalty--20 penalty units.
(4) The Planning Secretary must--(a) register a dwelling on the register if the host or the letting agent of the dwelling--(i) provides the registration information to the Planning Secretary in a form approved by the Planning Secretary, and(ii) pays to the Planning Secretary the registration fee of $65, and(b) notify the host or the letting agent of the date of registration.
(5) Registration remains in force for a period of 1 year.
(6) The Planning Secretary must make the contents of the register available to the following persons--(a) a member of staff of the Department of Customer Service authorised by the Secretary of that Department,(b) a member of staff of a local council authorised by the local council,(c) another person, if the Planning Secretary considers it necessary to make the contents available to ensure the safety of persons occupying the dwelling as short-term rental accommodation.