(1) The general manager must ensure that the agenda for a meeting of the council states:(a) all matters to be dealt with arising out of the proceedings of former meetings of the council, and(b) if the mayor is the chairperson--any matter or topic that the chairperson proposes, at the time when the agenda is prepared, to put to the meeting, and(c) subject to subclause (2), any business of which due notice has been given.
(2) The general manager must not include in the agenda for a meeting of the council any business of which due notice has been given if, in the opinion of the general manager, the business is (or the implementation of the business would be) unlawful. The general manager must report (without giving details of the item of business) any such exclusion to the next meeting of the council.
(3) The general manager must cause the agenda for a meeting of the council or a committee of the council to be prepared as soon as practicable before the meeting.
(4) The general manager must ensure that the details of any item of business to which section 9 (2A) of the Act applies are included in a business paper for the meeting concerned.
(5) Nothing in this clause limits the powers of the chairperson under clause 243.