(1) The Electoral Commission is to give notice under clause 277B of the fact that persons are entitled to vote in an election, constitutional referendum or council poll, and are entitled to be enrolled as electors for a ward or area, if they are residents of the ward or area, or are owners, occupiers, or ratepaying lessees, of rateable land in the ward or area.
(2) The notice is to invite claims for the inclusion of the names of persons in the roll of electors or for the amendment of any particulars entered in the roll against the names of persons.
(3) The notice is to be given at least once in the 14 days before the closing date for the election, constitutional referendum or council poll. The notice is to be given by advertisement in a newspaper circulating generally in the State or another newspaper circulating in the relevant area, or both.
(4) An advertisement may contain notices required by this clause relating to more than one area.
(5) The election manager must cause the information contained in a notice under this clause to be published on the election manager's internet website until at least 6 pm on the closing date for the election.