(1) The provisions of section 43 (other than section 43 (5)) of the Parliamentary Electorates and Elections Act 1912 are adopted in connection with enrolment information provided under clause 284A, with modifications so that those provisions as modified are as set out in subclauses (2)-(5), including the penalty set out at the end of this clause.Note : Section 748 (3) and (4) of the Act provide for the creation of offences in connection with elections and polls by adopting, with such modifications as are necessary, any of the provisions of the Parliamentary Electorates and Elections Act 1912 , and for the penalty for such an offence not to exceed the penalty for the corresponding offence in that Act.
(2) For the purposes of this clause, enrolment information is protected information in relation to a person if the person knows, or has reasonable grounds for believing, that the information has been provided under clause 284A.
(3) A person must not disclose protected information unless the disclosure would be a use of the information for a permitted purpose under clause 284B.
(4) A person must not use protected information for a commercial purpose.
(5) Without limiting subclause (4), protected information is used for a commercial purpose if it is sold or offered for sale.
Maximum penalty: 1,000 penalty units.