(1) Not less than one week before the nomination day, the election manager is to give public notice of the election by advertisement in a newspaper circulating in the area.
(2) The notice must:(a) invite proposals for nomination for the election, and(b) specify where nomination forms may be obtained, and(c) specify the date of the nomination day and the place of nomination, and(d) specify the date when the poll will be held for the election if more candidates are nominated than the number of councillors to be elected, and(e) give notice of the requirements under the Act for proposals for nomination (including the payment of deposits, the provision of candidate information sheets, the grouping of candidates and the creation of group voting squares).
(3) The notice may contain any other information that the election manager thinks appropriate.
(4) An advertisement may contain notices required by subclause (1) relating to more than one area.
(5) The election manager must cause the information contained in a notice under this clause to be published on the election manager's internet website until at least 12 noon on the nomination day for the election.