(1) Assignment of polling place manager The returning officer must assign an election official to preside at each polling place as polling place manager.
(2) Assignment of other election officials to assist The returning officer must assign at least one other election official to assist in taking the poll at a polling place.
(3) Returning officer polling place manager If the returning officer's instrument of appointment or another instrument issued by the election manager authorises him or her to do so, the returning officer may act as the polling place manager at a polling place, in which case the returning officer is taken to be a polling place manager duly assigned to preside at the polling place.
(4) Assignments to be in writing Assignments under this clause must be made in writing.
(5) Functions of polling place managers and other election officials The functions of polling place managers and other election officials are, subject to the Act and this Regulation, to be as determined by:(a) in relation to an election administered by a general manager--the returning officer, or(b) in relation to an election administered by the Electoral Commissioner--the Electoral Commissioner.