(1) Application for registration may be made For the purposes of clause 356M, an application may be made to the electoral material registrar for the registration of electoral material for a particular area for any one or more of the following:(a) a particular election of one or more councillors,(b) a particular election of mayor by electors,(c) a particular constitutional referendum, or two or more particular constitutional referendums being held at the same time,(d) a particular council poll, or two or more particular council polls being held at the same time.
(2) Applications by or on behalf of parties, groups or candidates An application may be made:(a) by the registered officer of a registered political party--on behalf of the party, or(b) by the first candidate listed in a recognised group of candidates--on behalf of the group, or(c) by a candidate--on his or her own behalf.
(3) Applications by or on behalf of others An application may be made:(a) by an officer or representative of an incorporated or unincorporated body (other than a registered political party or a recognised group of candidates) who is not a candidate--on behalf of the body, or(b) by an individual who is not a candidate--on his or her own behalf.
(4) Timing of application An application may be made only during the period starting with nomination day and ending at 5 pm on the Friday that is 8 days before election day.
(5) Draft or sample to be provided An application must contain a draft or sample of the electoral material.
(6) Alteration or replacement of draft or sample The electoral material registrar may allow the draft or sample to be altered or replaced during the period specified in subclause (4) before agreeing to registration.
(7) Preliminary advice A person authorised by subclause (2) or (3) to apply for registration of electoral material may, during the period specified in subclause (4), apply to the electoral material registrar for preliminary advice as to whether particular electoral material may be registered.
(8) The electoral material registrar may provide that advice, even if the material is incomplete, but the application for registration of the material must nevertheless be made during that period.
(9) Manner and form of application An application under this clause:(a) is to be in the form approved by:(i) in relation to an election administered by a general manager of a council--the Director-General, or(ii) in relation to an election administered by the Electoral Commissioner--the Electoral Commissioner, and(b) is to be signed by the applicant, and(c) may be delivered or sent (by post or otherwise) or may be transmitted by facsimile or email.
(10) An application is not validly transmitted by email unless:(a) an image of the completed application signed by the applicant is included in or attached to the email, and(b) that image includes an image of the actual signature as appearing on the application.