(1) Complying material must be registered The electoral material registrar must register the electoral material if satisfied that registration is not prohibited by this Subdivision.
(2) Refusal for non-complying application However, the electoral material registrar may refuse to register the electoral material if the application for registration was not made in accordance with this Subdivision.
(3) When material must be refused registration The electoral material registrar must not register the electoral material if it appears to the electoral material registrar that:(a) the material contravenes Subdivision 2, or(b) the material is, or contains a section, in a language other than English and the application for registration was not accompanied by:(i) an accurate translation into English of the material or section, and(ii) a declaration that the translation is accurate, or(c) the material does not include in legible characters:(i) the name and address of the person on whose instructions the material was printed, and(ii) the name of the printer and the street address at which is was printed, or(c1) the material does not clearly identify the person, political party, organisation or group on whose behalf the material is to be distributed, or(d) in the case of an application for registration purporting to be made on behalf of an entity referred to in clause 356P (2) or (3)--the application was not made by a person authorised by the relevant subclause to make the application, or(e) in the case of an application not purporting to be made on behalf of an entity referred to in clause 356P (2) or (3) for the registration of material that contains voting directions as to how to vote for or in accordance with the recommendations of such an entity--the application was not made by a person authorised by the relevant subclause to make an application on behalf of the entity, or(f) in the case of an application for the registration of material that contains any representation or indication (whether express or implied) that any candidate:(i) is a member of, or(ii) pursues or supports any or all of the objects or platform (whether with or without modification) of, or(iii) is affiliated in some way (whether officially or unofficially) with,a particular registered political party or recognised group of candidates--the application was not made by or with the consent of the registered officer of the party or the first candidate listed in the group.
(4) Offence for false statement in declaration about translated material A person must not make a declaration for the purposes of subclause (3) (b) knowing that the translation of the material or section is inaccurate in a material respect.Maximum penalty: 10 penalty units.
(5) Inquiries as to authenticity of application or consent The electoral material registrar may make such inquiries as the electoral material registrar thinks fit to confirm the authenticity of:(a) an application, or(b) any consent referred to in subclause (3) (f).