(1) The seal of a council must be kept by the mayor or the general manager, as the council determines.
(2) The seal of a council may be affixed to a document only in the presence of:(a) the mayor and the general manager, or(b) at least one councillor (other than the mayor) and the general manager, or(c) the mayor and at least one other councillor, or(d) at least 2 councillors other than the mayor.
(3) The affixing of a council seal to a document has no effect unless the persons who were present when the seal was affixed (being persons referred to in subclause (2)) attest by their signatures that the seal was affixed in their presence.
(4) The seal of a council must not be affixed to a document unless the document relates to the business of the council and the council has resolved (by resolution specifically referring to the document) that the seal be so affixed.
(5) For the purposes of subclause (4), a document in the nature of a reference or certificate of service for an employee of the council does not relate to the business of the council.