(cf SCR Part 2, rule 2; DCR Part 3, rule 1; LCR Part 4, rule 1)
(1) Any period of time fixed by these rules, or by any judgment or order of the court or by any document in any proceedings, is to be reckoned in accordance with this rule.
(2) If a time of one day or longer is to be reckoned by reference to a given day or event, the given day or the day of the given event is not to be counted.
(3) If, apart from this subrule, the period in question, being a period of 5 days or less, would include a day or part of a day on which the registry is closed, that day is to be excluded.
(4) If the last day for doing a thing is, or a thing is to be done on, a day on which the registry is closed, the thing may be done on the next day on which the registry is open.
(5) Section 36 of the Interpretation Act 1987 (which relates to the reckoning of time) does not apply to these rules.