(cf SCR Part 72B, rule 3; DCR Part 51A, rule 9; LCR Part 38, rule 10)
(1) An arbitrator's award, and his or her reasons for the award, are to be in or to the effect of the approved form.
(2) An arbitrator's reasons for an award are to be specified so that, in his or her opinion, they make the parties aware of his or her view of the case made by each of them.
(3) If a party fails to attend a hearing before an arbitrator, the arbitrator must include in his or her reasons for an award the fact that the party failed to attend and any information known to the arbitrator relating to the party's reasons for the failure to attend.
(4) As soon as practicable after receiving an arbitrator's award, the registrar must send to each of the parties a copy of the award, with the date of sending set out in the award or in a notice accompanying the award.
(5) For the purposes of subrule (4),
"date of sending" means the date of leaving, sending, transmitting or otherwise serving copies of the award.