(cf DCR Part 14, rule 2; LCR Part 12, rule 2)
(1) In proceedings with respect to a liquidated claim, the defendant may file a statement acknowledging the whole of the amount of the claim.
(2) Subrule (1) does not apply if the defendant has filed a defence or the plaintiff has, in accordance with these rules, filed an application for a default judgment.
(3) On the filing of a statement under subrule (1), judgment is to be entered for the plaintiff for the whole of the amount of the claim.
(4) Judgment entered as referred to in subrule (3) fully discharges all of the plaintiff's claims in the proceedings.
(5) In proceedings in which a default judgment has been set aside under rule 36.15 or 36.16, the defendant may not file a statement referred to in subrule (1) except by leave of the court.
Note : See rule 6.11 which allows the defendant in proceedings on a liquidated claim to submit to judgment by his or her notice of appearance.