(cf SCR Part 51, rule 9)
(1) Each person who--(a) is directly affected by the relief sought, or(b) is interested in maintaining the decision of the court below,must be joined as a respondent.
(2) The court below or other decision-maker is not required to be joined as a respondent in appeal proceedings, but must be joined in other proceedings in the Court.
(3) The Court may order the addition or removal of any party.
(4) A person must not be made an applicant or appellant without that person's consent.
(5) An applicant or appellant who considers that respondents need not be separately represented may notify them that objection will be taken to more than one set of costs being allowed between them.
(6) An applicant or appellant who considers that a respondent should file a notice of appearance under rule 6.11 and take no active part in the proceedings may notify that party that objection will be taken to any order for costs, incurred after that date, other than costs as a submitting party, being made in favour of that respondent.
(7) The failure by a party to give notice under subrule (5) or (6) does not limit the powers of the Court with respect to the costs of the proceedings.