This legislation has been repealed.
(1) In this section, the
"review date" for a zoning plan for a marine park is:(a) for the first review of the zoning plan--the date that is 5 years after the commencement of the first zoning plan made for the marine park, or(b) for the second or any subsequent review of the zoning plan--the date that is 10 years after the previous review date for the zoning plan.
(2) The Authority is to conduct a review of the zoning plan for each marine park as soon as practicable after the review date for the zoning plan to determine whether the plan remains appropriate for securing the objects of this Act. The Authority is to conduct such a review at such other times as the relevant Ministers may direct.
(3) In conducting a review, the Authority is to prepare a review report that includes:(a) the assessment of existing arrangements for:(i) the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, and(ii) sustainable resource use, and(iii) the management of zones, and(b) any relevant findings and recommendations arising from the review, and(c) such other information arising from the review as the Authority considers appropriate.
(4) The review report is to be referred to the advisory committee for the marine park concerned for comment.
(5) A copy of the review report, including any comments from the advisory committee for the marine park, is to be given to the relevant Ministers no later than 12 months after the relevant review date for the plan.
(6) Within 3 months after receiving a review report, the relevant Ministers are to direct the Authority to:(a) cause a draft zoning plan to be prepared to replace the zoning plan for the marine park, or(b) cause a draft zoning plan to be prepared to amend the zoning plan for the marine park, or(c) take such other action in relation to the marine park as specified by the relevant Ministers.