This legislation has been repealed.
(1) When a child is being enrolled at a child care facility, and on such subsequent occasions as may be prescribed by the regulations, the director of the facility must request a parent of the child to produce to the director evidence as to the child's immunisation status, unless satisfied that the evidence can be obtained under subsection (2). The evidence to be produced under this subsection must be in an approved form.
(2) If the director of a child care facility has recorded in the register under this section the immunisation status of the child and the child has subsequently become enrolled at another child care facility, the director must, on being requested to do so by a parent of the child or the director of the other child care facility, provide that director with a copy of the entry in the register relating to the immunisation status of the child.
(3) The director of a child care facility must record in a register, kept in the approved manner, the immunisation status of each child enrolled at the facility as indicated by evidence produced in an approved form to the director in respect of the child.
(4) For the purposes of recording the immunisation status of a child for whom no evidence is produced to the director in an approved form, the child is taken not to have been immunised against any of the vaccine preventable diseases.
(5) The director of a child care facility must retain an entry in the register for such period as may be prescribed by the regulations.
(6) The medical officer of health for a medical district may, at any reasonable time:(a) enter any child care facility located in the district, and(b) request the director of the facility to produce the register required by this section.A director must comply with such a request.