(1) Subject to this section, the joint management partners for a joint management park or reserve may make by-laws for the park or reserve prescribing matters:
(a) required or permitted by this Part or the joint management plan for the park or reserve to be prescribed by by-law; or
(b) necessary or convenient for carrying out or giving effect to the functions and powers of the joint management partners under this Part.
(2) The By-laws must not be inconsistent with any of the following:
(a) this Part;
(b) the relevant agreements for the park or reserve;
(c) the joint management plan for the park or reserve.
(3) Subject to subsection (3A), section 25(2) to (9) (inclusive) of the Nitmiluk Act applies in relation to the By-laws as if:
(a) a reference to the Nitimiluk Park were a reference to the park or reserve;
(b) a reference to by-laws made under the Nitmiluk Act were a reference to by-laws made under this section;
(c) a reference to the plan of management for the Nitmiluk Park were a reference to the joint management plan;
(d) a reference to the Nitmiluk Act were a reference to this Act; and
(e) a reference to the Nitmiluk Park Board were a reference to the joint management partners.
(3A) Despite section 25(2)(zb) of the Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park Act , the By-laws may, for an offence against the By-laws, provide for the following:
(a) the offence to be a regulatory offence;
(b) the payment of a prescribed amount instead of a penalty that may otherwise be imposed for the offence, the service of a notice relating to payment of the amount on a person alleged to have committed the offence and the particulars to be included in the notice.
(4) A prosecution for an offence against the By-laws cannot be commenced except with the written authority of the joint management partners.
(5) For section 63(2)(a) of the Interpretation Act
, it is sufficient if the
By-laws are signed by a person authorised by the joint management partners to sign them.
(6) In subsection (3):
"Nitmiluk Act" means the Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park Act .
"Nitmiluk Park" means the Park within the meaning of the Nitmiluk Act.