(1) The owner of a budget accommodation building may make written application to the local government for advice as to whether the building conforms with the fire safety standard.
(2) Within 20 business days after receiving the application, the local government must—(a) decide if the building conforms with the fire safety standard; and(b) give the owner notice of the decision.
(3) If the local government decides the building does not conform with the fire safety standard, the notice must be, or include, an information notice about the decision.
(4) The notice must also state what must be done by the owner to make the building conform with the standard.
(5) The owner must comply with the notice.Penalty—Maximum penalty for subsection (5) —165 penalty units.
(6) Subsection (3) does not limit the power of the local government under sections 248 and 249 .