(1) This section applies to a budget accommodation building if—(a) a development approval is given for building work for the building after the commencement of this section; and(b) the building work involves a performance solution for performance requirements under the BCA that includes fire safety management procedures as a condition of the use and occupation of the building.
(2) The local government must, at least once every 3 years, inspect the building to ensure the owner of the building is complying with this part in relation to the building.
(3) An inspection under subsection (2) may be made—(a) at any time the office of the local government is open for business; and(b) without notice.
(4) The local government must keep—(a) a register of all buildings to which subsection (2) applies; and(b) a record of each inspection it makes under subsection (2) ; and(c) for each inspection—details about whether or not the owner is complying with this part.
(5) The local government must not charge a fee for an inspection made under subsection (2) .