(1) This section applies if a pool safety inspector gives the owner of a regulated pool a nonconformity notice for the pool.
(2) If, within the reinspection period, the owner asks the pool safety inspector to reinspect the pool, the pool safety inspector must reinspect the pool within 5 business days after the request or the longer period that the owner and inspector agree.
(3) Sections 246AA and 246AB apply to the reinspection of the pool.
(4) If the owner fails to ask the pool safety inspector to reinspect the pool within the reinspection period, the inspector must, within 5 business days after the end of the reinspection period—(a) notify the local government of the failure; and(b) give the local government a copy of the nonconformity notice.Note—See also section 246BD (Effect of pool safety inspector not complying with Act if no penalty provided).
(5) The owner of the pool may, in the reinspection period, ask only the following person to inspect the pool for the giving of a pool safety certificate for the pool—(a) if the owner initially asked the local government to inspect the pool—the local government;(b) if the owner initially asked the pool safety inspector to inspect the pool—the pool safety inspector.Penalty—Maximum penalty—50 penalty units.
(6) Subsection (5) does not apply if—(a) the owner of the pool, by written request to the QBCC commissioner, asks the commissioner to allow a person other than the person mentioned in subsection (5) to reinspect the pool for the giving of a pool safety certificate for the pool; and(b) the commissioner gives the owner of the pool a notice agreeing to the request.