(1) A relevant person is authorised to disclose pool immersion information or pool safety information if the QBCC commissioner—(a) believes on reasonable grounds the disclosure is in the public interest; and(b) has, in writing, authorised the disclosure.
(2) In addition, a relevant person is authorised to disclose pool immersion information if—(a) the disclosure is to the Commonwealth, another State, or an entity of the Commonwealth or another State and the disclosure is required or allowed under an agreement—(i) between Queensland and the Commonwealth, State or entity; and(ii) prescribed under a regulation; or(b) the disclosure is to an entity of the State and the disclosure is required or allowed under an agreement—(i) between the commissioner and the entity; and(ii) prescribed under a regulation; or(c) the disclosure is to a person who requires the information to perform a function under the Coroners Act 2003 , other than the preparation of an annual report.
(3) QBCC’s annual report for a financial year under the Financial Accountability Act 2009 must include details of—(a) the nature of any information disclosed under subsection (1) during the financial year; and(b) the purpose for which the information was disclosed.
(4) However, the details mentioned in subsection (3) (a) must not identify, directly or indirectly, any person to whom the information relates.
(5) The commissioner may not delegate the commissioner’s power under subsection (1) .
(6) In this section—
"entity" , of the Commonwealth or a State, includes a department and an entity established under an Act for a public purpose.
"pool immersion information" means information given to the commissioner under section 245I .
"pool safety information" means information about matters relating to swimming pool safety obtained by the commissioner in the administration of chapter 8 .
"relevant person" means—(a) the commissioner; or(b) an officer or employee of QBCC.