(1) This section applies to a rainwater tank provision in force immediately before 1 September 2006.
(2) The provision is taken to be a building assessment provision and to have been a building assessment provision since 1 September 2006.
(3) If the provision does not comply with the acceptable solutions for rainwater tanks under QDC, part 25 , unless the provision is earlier repealed, it expires on—(a) if, before 1 July 2007, a day is prescribed under a regulation—the prescribed day; or(b) otherwise—1 July 2007.
(4) The reference in subsection (3) to QDC, part 25 is a reference to that part, as amended or replaced from time to time by any amendment or replacement of it approved under section 13 after the commencement of this section.Note—The only amendment or replacement of QDC part 25 from 1 September 2006 to 1 July 2007 was a replacement that took effect on 1 January 2007. That version was replaced by a new part MP 4.2 that took effect on 1 January 2008.
(5) This section applies despite sections 30 and 32 .
(6) In this section—
"rainwater tank provision" means a provision of a planning scheme that requires the installation of a rainwater tank for a building that is the subject of relevant building work.
"relevant building work" means the construction of a class 1 building that, under the Water Act 2000 , is in a service area for a retail water service.