(1) This section applies if the building development approval lapses and the building work is other than demolition.
(2) The local government may take the action it considers necessary to complete the building work.
(3) If the local government takes action under subsection (2) , until the local government completes the action—(a) the approval is taken not to have lapsed; and(b) the local government is taken to be the person entitled to the benefit of the approval.
(4) The action is taken to have been authorised under the approval.
(5) In taking the action the local government may use all or part of any security given to it for the carrying out of the building work.