Queensland Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
CRIMINAL CODE 1899 - SECT 686
Information by leave of the court by private prosecutors
686 Information by leave of the court by private prosecutors
(1) Any person may by leave of the Supreme Court present an information
against any other person for any indictable offence, alleged to have been
committed by such other person.
(2) An information presented by leave of the
court is to be signed by the person on whose application the leave is granted,
or some other person appointed by the court in that behalf, and filed in the
(3) The person who signs the information is called the
(4) The information is to be intituled ‘The Queen on the
prosecution of the prosecutor (naming the person) against the accused person
(naming the person)’, and must state that the prosecutor informs the court
by leave of the court.
(5) Except as otherwise expressly provided, the
information and the proceedings upon it are subject to the same rules and
incidents in all respects as an indictment presented by a Crown Law Officer
and the proceedings upon such an indictment as hereinbefore set forth.
AustLII: Copyright Policy