(1) A reference under section 110 in relation to a person is made by filing a notice of the reference in the approved form in the registry.
(2) The notice must state each offence in relation to which the person’s mental state is referred.
(3) The notice must be accompanied by a copy of any psychiatrist report or other clinical report in relation to the person that is relevant to the reference and in the possession of the person making the reference.Example—a psychiatrist report prepared under chapter 4
(4) Subsection (3) applies even if giving the copy of the report would disclose information adverse to the case of the person.
(5) The person who made the reference may amend it with the leave of the Mental Health Court.Example of an amendment of the reference—including another offence in the reference