(1) A person is a
"nominated support person" of another person (the
"appointing person" ) if—(a) the person has been appointed, by written notice, as a nominated support person by the appointing person; and(b) the appointing person had capacity to make the appointment at the time of the appointment; and(c) a record for the appointment is kept in the records system.
(2) The appointing person may appoint no more than 2 nominated support persons.
(3) The appointing person may revoke the appointment of a nominated support person by written notice given to the nominated support person.
(4) A revocation takes effect only if the appointing person has capacity to revoke the appointment at the time of the revocation.
(5) A nominated support person may resign by written notice given to the appointing person.
(6) For this section, a person has capacity to make or revoke an appointment of a nominated support person if the person has the ability to—(a) understand the nature and effect of the appointment or revocation; and(b) make and communicate the appointment or revocation.