(1) An appeal against an internal review decision does not affect the operation of the decision or prevent the decision being implemented.
(2) However, the appellant may apply to the court for a stay of the internal review decision.
(3) The court may stay the internal review decision to secure the effectiveness of the appeal.
(4) The stay—(a) may be given on conditions the court considers appropriate; and(b) operates for the period decided by the court.
(5) The period of the stay must not extend past the day when the court decides the appeal.