(1) This section applies after the end of the time allowed for the person’s examination or on the earlier completion of the person’s examination.
(2) If the person was taken from lawful custody for the examination, an authorised person may transport the person from the authorised mental health service to the person’s place of custody.Note—For the powers of an authorised person when detaining and transporting a person, see chapter 11 , part 6 , division 5 .
(3) If the person was not taken from another authorised mental health service or the forensic disability service, or from lawful custody, for the examination, the administrator of the authorised mental health service in which the person is detained must ensure arrangements are made for the person to be transported to—(a) the place from which the person was taken for the examination; or(b) another place to which the person reasonably asks to be taken.
(4) The person may be detained in the authorised mental health service until the person is transported, under subsection (2) , from the service.
(5) Subsections (2) and (3) do not apply if the person is, or becomes—(a) an involuntary patient who may be detained in an authorised mental health service or the forensic disability service; or(b) a classified patient (voluntary).