(1) This section applies to a person holding office under the repealed Act, by appointment or otherwise, immediately before the commencement if the person’s office is provided for under the new Act.
(2) The person continues to hold the office under the new Act.Example of persons who continue to hold office under the new Act—• the administrator of an authorised mental health service or high security unit• an authorised doctor or authorised mental health practitioner• the president and other members of the Mental Health Court• the registrar of the Mental Health Court• the president and other members, and executive officer, of the tribunal
(3) If the name of the office has changed under the new Act, the person holds office under the changed name.
(4) Without limiting subsection (3)—(a) the director under the repealed Act is the chief psychiatrist on the commencement; and(b) an assisting psychiatrist is an assisting clinician on the commencement.
(5) The person holds office—(a) for the remainder of the term, if any, provided for under the repealed Act; and(b) on the conditions provided for under the new Act.