Queensland Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
POWERS OF ATTORNEY ACT 1998 - SECT 14
Proof of power of attorney
14 Proof of power of attorney
(1) A power of attorney may be proved by a copy of the power of attorney
certified under this section.
(2) Each page, other than the last page, of the
copy must be certified to the effect that the copy is a true and complete copy
of the corresponding page of the original.
(3) The last page of the copy must
be certified to the effect that the copy is a true and complete copy of the
(4) Certification must be by 1 of the following persons—
(b) a justice;
"justice" means a justice of the peace—see the Acts Interpretation Act 1954
, schedule 1 .
(c) a commissioner for declarations;
(d) a notary public;
(e) a lawyer;
"lawyer" means an Australian lawyer within the meaning of the
Legal Profession Act 2007 —see the Acts Interpretation Act 1954 , schedule 1
(f) a trustee company under the Trustee Companies Act 1968 ;
(5) If a copy of a power of attorney has been certified under
this section, the power of attorney may also be proved by a copy, certified
under this section, of the certified copy.
(6) This section does not prevent
a power of attorney being proved in another way.
(7) This section also
applies to a power of attorney made before the commencement of this Act.
See also section 7 (Application of ch 2).
AustLII: Copyright Policy