Queensland Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
TRANSPORT OPERATIONS (PASSENGER TRANSPORT) ACT 1994 - SECT 87
Principles applying to duties
87 Principles applying to duties
(1) A person may have more than 1 duty because of the functions the person
performs or is required to perform.
(2) More than 1 person can concurrently
have the same duty.
(3) Each person must comply with the duty to the standard
required under this part even if another person has the same duty.
more than 1 person has a duty for the same matter, each person—
responsible for the person’s duty in relation to the matter; and
discharge the person’s duty to the extent to which the person—
(i) has the
capacity to influence and control the matter; or
(ii) would have the capacity
but for an agreement or arrangement purporting to limit or remove that
(5) A person’s duty can not be transferred to another person.
(6) Compliance with relevant transport legislation or a safety law is not, of
itself, evidence that a person has discharged a duty under this part.
AustLII: Copyright Policy