Queensland Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
TRANSPORT OPERATIONS (PASSENGER TRANSPORT) ACT 1994 - SECT 91F
Issue of a taxi service licence
(1) The chief executive may issue a taxi service licence for a taxi service
(2) However, before the chief executive issues a taxi service licence,
the chief executive must, by public notice, invite offers to purchase the
taxi service licence—
(a) stating the intention to issue the licence; and
(b) calling for offers for the taxi service licence.
(3) The chief executive
is not obliged to accept any offer for a taxi service licence.
taxi service licence may be issued—
(a) for the term, of not more than 5
years, stated in the licence; and
(b) on a renewable or non-renewable basis.
(5) For a taxi service licence issued on a renewable basis—
(a) the first
term of the licence must be less than 5 years; and
(b) the licence may be
renewed for 1 or more successive terms; and
(c) the sum of the terms of the
licence must be not more than 5 years.
(6) A taxi service licence issued on a
non-renewable basis must not be renewed.
(7) A taxi service licence issued
under this section is not transferable to another person.
AustLII: Copyright Policy