(1) Any person who, as at 1st May in a year, has harvested or caused to be harvested more than 100 000 tonnes of timber in Tasmania in the immediately preceding period of 12 months and such other persons as may be prescribed shall, not later than 1st June in that year, lodge with the Authority a plan (in this Act referred to as a "three-year plan" ) for the period of 3 years commencing on 1st July next following containing the details referred to in subsection (2).
(1A) If the Authority is able to determine in advance that a person is likely to be subject to the requirements of subsection (1), it may consult with and advise that person on the information to be included in the three-year plan and on the presentation of that information having regard to the relevant land tenures and harvesting operations.
(2) A three-year plan is to contain information with respect to in each of the 3 years specified in the plan.
(a) the location or locations of the land from which timber is intended to be harvested; and
(b) the approximate volumes of timber intended to be harvested from each location; and
(c) the routes by which it is proposed to transport the timber harvested out of each location; and
(d) the reafforestation measures that are proposed for the location or locations from which timber is intended to be harvested
(3) A person referred to in subsection (1) shall, if required by the Authority to do so, provide such further particulars in relation to the three-year plan as the Authority requires within such further period as the Authority specifies.
(4) Where a person referred to in subsection (1) fails to lodge a three-year plan with the Authority by the date referred to in that subsection, or, having lodged such a plan, fails to provide further particulars requested by the Authority pursuant to subsection (3) within the period specified by the Authority, the Authority mayuntil a three-year plan has been lodged, or, as the case may be, the further particulars are supplied, by that person.
(a) where that person is harvesting timber in accordance with a certified forest practices plan or certified forest practices plans, suspend the operation of all or any of those plans; or
(b) where that person has submitted a forest practices plan for certification pursuant to section 18, refuse to consider that plan for certification
(5) Where a three-year plan is lodged with the Authority the person referred to in subsection (1) shall cause a summary of the plan, which shall include details ofto be sent to each local authority exercising jurisdiction over any land through which it is proposed to transport the timber.
(a) estimated tonnages of timber intended to be harvested and transported under the plan;
(b) the routes by which it is proposed to transport the timber out of each location; and
(c) such other matters as may be prescribed
(6) Where a three-year plan is varied the person referred to in subsection (1) shall cause a summary of the variations to be sent to those local authorities referred to in subsection (5).
(a) as a result of a decision made by the Authority in accordance with section 28(4); or
(b) in accordance with section 28(7)