(1) A person or a representative of a class of persons may apply to the Director for an exemption from compliance with this Act or a provision of this Act.
(2) The application
(a) is to be in an approved form; and
(b) must be accompanied by a fee of 80 fee units or, if another fee is prescribed by regulations in force under this Act, that other fee; and
(c) must be supported by such information or evidence as the Director may require, either at the time of lodgement or subsequently.
(3) The Director may grant the exemption if reasonably satisfied that
(a) it is unnecessary, impracticable or unreasonable in the circumstances for the applicant or relevant class of persons to have to comply with this Act or, as the case may be, the relevant provisions of this Act; and
(b) the applicant is a fit and proper person, or, as the case may be, the persons constituting the relevant class are fit and proper persons, to have the benefit of such an exemption.
(4) The exemption may be granted unconditionally or on such conditions as to duration, place, environmental control, supervision or otherwise as the Director considers appropriate.
(5) A person must not contravene a condition of an exemption.
Penalty:Fine not exceeding 50 penalty units.
(6) An exemption is not capable of being transferred.
(7) The Director may publish an exemption in such ways as he or she considers necessary or expedient in the circumstances.