(1) A member of the Authority may exercise powers under this section only to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to do so for the purpose of determining compliance with a registration under this Act.
(2) A member of the Authority with any necessary assistants may enter the premises of a registered ART provider at any time during ordinary business hours.
(3) After entering premises under subsection (2) the member may—
(a) require a person to produce for inspection a record or other document, including a document containing information required to be kept as a condition of a registration under this Act; and
(b) inspect a document produced under paragraph (a); and
(c) take possession of a document produced under paragraph (a) for so long as is necessary to make copies of or take extracts from the document.
(4) A member of the Authority who enters premises under this section—
(a) must advise the occupier of the premises of the purpose of the member's visit; and
(b) may not exercise any powers under this section if the member fails to produce, on request, the member's identity card for inspection by the occupier of the premises.
(5) A member of the Authority may not take possession of a document apparently in the custody of a person unless the member makes out and tenders to the person a receipt for the document taken.