(1) The holder of a dog obedience training organisation approval or applicable organisation approval may apply to the Minister for renewal of the approval.
(2) An application under subsection (1)—
(a) must include a report containing the prescribed details about the organisation and its activities; and
(b) must include any other information required by the Minister; and
(c) must be accompanied by the prescribed application fee.
(3) An application under subsection (1) must be made at least 60 days (or any lesser period approved by the Minister) before the expiry of the approval period specified in the approval.
(4) The Minister may renew the approval if—
(a) in the case of a dog obedience training organisation approval, the Minister continues to be satisfied of the matters set out in section 5B(2)(b); or
(b) in the case of an applicable organisation approval, the Minister continues to be satisfied of the matters set out in the relevant guidelines referred to in section 5A(1)(b).
(5) In making a decision to renew an approval of an organisation under this section the Minister may consider any information included in or accompanying the application for renewal of approval under this section.
(6) The Minister must not renew the approval if the organisation has failed to submit any report as required by the condition in section 5D.
(7) A renewed approval under this section must specify the following—
(a) the period for which the renewed approval is to remain in force, which must not exceed 3 years;
(b) any conditions that apply to the renewed approval;
(c) the matters that must be set out in the report required by the condition in section 5D(b).
S. 5D inserted by No. 69/2017 s. 7.