(1) If the Minister proposes to revoke a dog obedience training organisation approval or an applicable organisation approval, or proposes not to renew such an approval, before doing so the Minister must give notice in writing to the organisation stating—
(a) the reasons for the proposal; and
(b) that the organisation may make submissions to the Minister on the proposal within the period specified in the notice.
(2) The holder of the approval may make written submissions to the Minister in relation to the proposal to revoke or not renew the approval within the period specified in the notice under subsection (1).
(3) The Minister must consider any submission made under subsection (2), before deciding to revoke the approval or not to renew the approval.
(4) The Minister must give written notice of the Minister's decision under this section to the relevant organisation.
(5) A decision by the Minister to revoke an approval under section 5E takes effect on the later of the following—
(a) on the day the notice under subsection (4) is given to the relevant organisation;
(b) on the date specified in that notice (if any).
S. 6 amended by Nos 46/1998 s. 7(Sch. 1), 83/2001 s. 11, 69/2004 s. 22, 108/2004 s. 117(1) (Sch. 3 item 59.2), 44/2010 s. 4, 29/2012 s. 11, 8/2014 s. 4, substituted by No. 69/2017 s. 8.