S. 76B(1) amended by No. 69/2017 s. 56(1).
(1) The Secretary, on the application of a Council authorised officer, may give written approval to that officer to serve a notice under subsection (2) on a veterinary practitioner.
S. 76B(2) amended by No. 69/2017 s. 56(2).
(2) A Council authorised officer, who has obtained the approval of the Secretary under subsection (1), may serve a notice on the veterinary practitioner requiring the veterinary practitioner to produce or make available for inspection any document in the custody or possession of the veterinary practitioner which the authorised officer believes on reasonable grounds to be relevant to determining whether another person has committed an offence against section 41EB in the municipal district of the Council.
(3) The notice must—
(a) specify a time within which the veterinary practitioner must produce or make the document available for inspection that is not less than 14 days after service of the notice; and
(b) inform the veterinary practitioner that it is an offence to fail to comply with the notice unless compliance with the notice would tend to incriminate the veterinary practitioner.
(4) The notice must be served on the veterinary practitioner either personally or by registered post at the last known address of the veterinary practitioner.
(5) The authorised officer may inspect, take a copy of, or make an extract of, any document produced or made available under subsection (2).
(6) A veterinary practitioner served with a notice under subsection (2) must comply with the notice within the time for compliance specified in the notice unless compliance with the notice would tend to incriminate the veterinary practitioner.
Penalty: 20 penalty units.
S. 76C inserted by No. 8/2014 s. 16, amended by No. 69/2017 s. 57.