(1) An appeals committee consists of 3 members appointed by the Minister to determine applications for review under section 2.5.22.
(2) The Minister may appoint more than one appeals committee at any time.
(3) A member of an appeals committee must not
be a member of the Authority, a member of a committee of the Authority or a person employed for the purposes of this Part.
(4) The members of an appeals committee must have between them—
(a) knowledge of the assessment programs of the Authority; and
(b) knowledge of this Act; and
(c) knowledge of the field of secondary education.
(5) A member of an appeals committee holds office for the term not exceeding 12 months that is specified in the instrument of appointment, and is eligible for re-appointment.
(6) A member of an appeals committee, other than a person who holds a full-time Government office or a full-time position in the public service, teaching service or with a statutory authority and whose travelling and personal expenses are met through that office or position is entitled to be paid any remuneration and allowances that are specified in the instrument of appointment.
S. 2.5.23(7) inserted by No. 19/2008 s. 8.
(7) The Minister must nominate a member of an appeals committee for the purposes of section 2.5.21A.
S. 2.5.23(8) inserted by No. 19/2008 s. 8.
(8) The Minister must ensure that there is a member of an appeals committee nominated under subsection (7) at all times.